Saturday, February 21, 2009

Books, Readers and Beyond: #53 Finding Books Online [Exercise 2: Searching for a Book]

Exercise 2: Comparison Shopping for a Title

In the previous post, I decided that I might like to read "The Guide" by R.K. Narayan. Let's do a little shopping to see how I could get it.

Barnes and Noble online: $14.00 / $12.60 member price. I was not able to tell if I could get it locally. I was told to "call the store." There were also used booksellers listed on this site, offering prices from $7.00 to $13.30 (plus $3.99 shipping).

Amazon.com: $10.20 new. The used books were priced from $7.00 to $28.99 (plus $3.99 shipping).

Swap Tree Four swappers had this book available. It was recommended that I post ten books I have to swap in order to use the site. It would cost me only postage.

Book Mooch One swapper in Sweden has this book available. You have to post ten books to swap in order to use the site. It would cost me international postage in this case.

No comments: