Saturday, October 24, 2009

Genealogy #70: Genealogy 2.0

Here's my experiment with the Look-alike Meter on MyHeritage.com. It's a nice, safe answer, but actually one that I agree with.

MyHeritage.com had some interesting and fun things to try, but I found it pretty poorly organized and not very easy to use. I would opt for a more serious site when I get ready to do online family history.

http://www.myheritage.com/collage


The celebrity look-alike collage is a little stranger. I like the #1 match with Susan B. Anthony, although she looks a little fierce. However, the other matches are guys!! They are handsome, but what's that about??

Footnote is a place where people can post local genealogy sources, tagged photos, etc. It seems pretty "hit or miss" as to finding anything useful there. I got excited when I found Herman Halleen, one of my mother's ancestors, was found in dozens of entries. Checking them out, however, led to many, many old Detroit city directories.

1 comment:

Bruce Farrar said...

If you look like Susan B. Anthony, does this mean that you are going to be on the back of a $1 coin like her, Sacagawea, Jean Baptiste Charbonneau, and Presidents Washington, Adams (#1), Jefferson, Madison, Monroe, Adams (#2), Jackson, Van Buren, Harrison, Tyler, Polk, and soon Taylor?